You’ve probably seen eSignatures before but may not have stopped to think about their benefits. In short, an eSignature is a digital version of a handwritten signature that you can use to sign legal documents, contracts, and other important agreements online.
Here are 5 reasons why you should start using eSignatures.
1. They’re legally binding. In the United States, eSignatures have the same weight as traditional signatures thanks to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), which was passed in 2000. This means that you can feel confident using eSignatures for any legal document or contract.
2. They’re more secure than traditional signatures. With an eSignature, your identity is verified through a secure process known as multi-factor authentication. This makes it nearly impossible for someone to forge your signature.
3. They’re convenient. No more printing out documents, signing them, and then scanning them back in to send electronically! With eSignatures, you can sign a document from anywhere in the world with just a few clicks.
4. They’re eco-friendly. By using eSignatures, you’ll help save trees since you won’t need to print out documents anymore. You’ll also save on paper and toner costs.
5. They’re fast. The entire signing process takes just a few seconds, which means you’ll be able to get agreements signed and returned to you much faster than with traditional signatures.
7 Tips on How to Use eSignatures
If you’re ready to start using eSignatures, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Choose a reputable provider. Not all eSignature providers are created equal. Be sure to do your research and choose a provider that offers a secure and user-friendly platform.
2. Get signatories’ consent. Before sending a document for signature, be sure to get the signatory’s consent. This can be done electronically through a platforms like Adobe Sign or DocuSign.
3. Prepare the document correctly. Make sure the document is formatted correctly and includes all the necessary information before sending it for signature. This will help ensure a smooth and efficient signing process.
4. Follow up after signing. Once the document has been signed, be sure to follow up with the signatory to confirm receipt and thank them for their time.
5. Keep records of signed documents. It’s important to keep a record of all signed documents for your own records as well as for legal purposes. Be sure to store signed documents in a secure location where they can’t be tampered with or lost.
6. Use a platform like Adobe Sign. Adobe Sign is a comprehensive eSignature solution that offers a secure and user-friendly platform for sending and signing documents electronically. With Adobe Sign, you can track document status, get real-time insights into who’s viewed or signed your document, and more.
7. Use a platform like DocuSign. DocuSign is another popular eSignature solution that offers a secure and easy-to-use platform for electronic signatures. With DocuSign, you can send documents for signature from anywhere in the world and track their status in real time.
There are many benefits of using eSignatures for both individuals and businesses alike. If you’re not using eSignatures yet, now is the time to start!